"I can't understand why more people haven't added you as a favorite. You are one rad fucker!" -- uridium15, diaryland

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Give The Groundhog The Day Off

I'm just curious...

When are we going to finally grow up and leave this ridiculous groundhog-sees-his-shadow shit behind?

'If the groundhog sees his shadow, we have 6 more weeks of winter'. Are you fucking kidding me?

On the news this morning, I even heard this one very insane man in a top hat say that the groundhog actually "whispers to him whether he sees his shadow or not". Ya great. Let's just hope that groundhog doesn't suddenly become embittered with his caged surroundings and whisper to this dolt-in-a-hat to go on a sawed-off shotgun rampage in the name of groundhog freedom.

Okay, it's all so fun. Let's put on some period costumes, pull a rat out of a hole and pronounce whether winter is staying or going. Isn't there some real work we could be doing right now? I know my schedule is a bit tight to be standing around taking orders from some fucking rodent.

Ya know...I stopped believing in the Easter Bunny a loooong time ago too.