"I can't understand why more people haven't added you as a favorite. You are one rad fucker!" -- uridium15, diaryland

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Why Do We Let Celebrities Talk?

When asked why she would release her own CD and want to expose herself to the kind of celebrity scrutiny she saw as a child of Elvis and with her own ex-husband Michael Jackson, Lisa Marie Presley had this brilliant comment to make:

I like to help people and people tell me my music does that.

Um, ok…so, what you’re saying then Ms. Presley, is that somewhere right now there is a young child stuck in a hospital bed hooked up to tubes and machines because his spine is covered with painful, inoperable, cancerous tumors and to help him cope with the tragic suffering and ultimate acceptance of his prematurely fatal demise, you recorded a cover version of Don Henley’s “Dirty Laundry”?

Oh, I see.

Thank you. Thank you very much.