"I can't understand why more people haven't added you as a favorite. You are one rad fucker!" -- uridium15, diaryland

Sunday, July 24, 2005

How Talented Is Your Nasal Passage?

Alright, forget about people getting blown outta the tube in London....okay, Egypt is a powderkeg, fine....but aren't there more important things to talk about...

Like, did you know the farthest a marshmallow has been blown out of one nostril and caught in the mouth of another is 16 ft 3.5 inches, by launcher Scott Jeckel and catcher Ray Perisin of Illinois?

Now, first of all, how a "talent" like this is borne I have no idea. One must presume these two gits were sitting around, y'know just reading eachother passages from Jean-Paul Sartre's Being and Nothingness and shoving mini marshmallows up their nostrils when Scott suddenly was hit with a sneeze. Having just waxed the floor, I suppose catcher Ray was worried about scuffing the floor with a dirty booger-clad marshmallow. Ya know, as one would. Saving himself from having to wax the floor again, he got under the nostril projectile and what with his hands full, being that Ray never removes them from his crotch for any reason, he caught it in his mouth. And thus, a talented, record-setting duo is born!

I guess my question about this record is not why blow a marshmallow from yer nose across the room, but why does someone really need to catch it in their mouth? Besides, to me, wouldn't that take away from the "farthest" part of the record? I mean, if yer buddy is blocking the marshmallow by landing the squishy treat on his tongue, then isn't he preventing it from reaching it's maximum potential in achievement...being that marshmallows may bounce and roll?

Hey, I'm no professional record-setting marshmallow nose-blower. I'm just supposing.