"I can't understand why more people haven't added you as a favorite. You are one rad fucker!" -- uridium15, diaryland

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Retarded Expression of the Week

"There's more than one way to skin a cat"

First of all, I dunno who out there is skinning cats, but stop it. That's just gross. And I'm sure there ARE more ways than one to skin a cat. That's fine. Do we all need to know the various methods of skinning a cat? Is that really something we all need in 2005? I don't even like cat fur. The dander makes my eyes itchy.

Now, if I am correct, this statement is the equivalent to...well, actually...I don't have a fucking clue. I think it's something like, 'you can always find another solution' or 'there are other methods to achieving a certain goal' or maybe to hillbillies from the Ozarks it just means you can skin a cat more than one way, dumbshit.

By the way, what would be the OTHER ways to skin a cat? Frankly, I don't know what the ONE WAY would be to skin a cat. Is it with a fishing knife? Maybe one of those sharp Ginsu-knives that cut through tin cans on the TV? I'm not sure. How about this....can you skin a cat by holding it down while you attach several key shackles to various piercings throughout the feline and hook the other end to the bumper of a sports car and then skin the cat when the car burns out down the road? Is that another way to skin the cat? Something tells me that is not what they had in mind when they made up the phrase "there's more than one way to skin a cat".

Ya know what, I am beginning to think there really is only one way to skin cat. Take the fucking skin off it. This is one bullshit expression.