"I can't understand why more people haven't added you as a favorite. You are one rad fucker!" -- uridium15, diaryland

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

How About Naming It Bullshit...And You Could Sell, Y'know...Bullshit.


Ok, I get it. The specialty fast food joint is all the rage. I don't blame people for buying into these so-called restaurants. I mean, hey, I am as sick of overcooked burgers and shitty chinese food as the rest of world.

But like most fads, they are getting a bit ridiculous.

The formula is simple:

Pick your poison. Say potatoes.
Give your restaurant a hip one word name.
Something like "Spud".

And now price out your gourmet potato menu:

Gourmet Baked Potato with soft organic baby chives and sour cream made from alfalfa-fed goat's milk - $8.00

Turst me, you'll make a killing.

How do I know this? Because restaurants of the like have been sprouting up all over the place. Here in Toronto, one of the latest hits of the urban food court is called Lettuce where they sell bowls of, yes, lettuce for around $9.00. Seems a bit pricey for a salad maybe, but hey, you can always wear the bucket on your head and play "army man" when yer done.

Now, I just noticed a brand new place is about to spring up.

The Cereal Bar.

That's right. Nothing but cereal. All the time.

What?!?! Getting tired right before the big merger meeting Mr. Business Executive Man?!!?! Why not race down to the Cereal Bar for a quick bowl of Lucky Charms to get your blood sugar up. Sure, it may cost ya 7 bucks a bowl, but come on, I ask you, can you really put a price on something that is "magically delicious"?