"I can't understand why more people haven't added you as a favorite. You are one rad fucker!" -- uridium15, diaryland

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Oh, To Be A One Hit Wonder...


Okay, so apparently the big Hollywood studio New Line has money to flush down the toilet because they've agreed to pay comic-actor Chris Tucker 25 million bucks to star in Rush Hour 3, which really is, from a critical standpoint at least, just like flushing your money down the toilet (Hell, if you're gonna toss money at Tucker to remake Rush Hour, why not just throw piles of dough at Dreyfuss to get off his wrinkley ol' ass for "Yet Another Stakeout"? Just a ponderance).

This weighty paycheque will make Tucker - the former star of such films as...well...um...Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2 - the highest paid actor in Hollywood.

Wow. Not bad for a dude who we have not seen since...um, did I mention Rush Hour 2?

Okay, granted Rush Hour 2 was a HUGE box office hit, and for that, sure, Tucker deserves a bit of a boost on his box office take and hell, perhaps throw him a free celebratory noogie on his co-star Jackie Chan...but 25 million bones?!!? What are they asking him to do in this film - cut off his nipples with a rusty butterknife?? Jump through a hoop of fire into a hot tub full of boiling racoon feces?? I mean, we ARE just talking about an acting job here, right? I mean, he's just being asked to make pretend for a couple months, right?

Well, I guess you can't fault Tucker. Hell, if I could get 25 million to type this childish blog out everyday I would take it. I would never actually say it was warranted, but fuck ya, I'd take it. But next time someone tells me that a big old Hollywood film is a flop because it didn't break the 100 million dollar mark...well, I'm just going to have to shrug off how ridiculous that sounds, go home and stick another pin in my Chris Tucker doll.

...and then, I'll get back to eating my macaroni and cheese. Good times.