"I can't understand why more people haven't added you as a favorite. You are one rad fucker!" -- uridium15, diaryland

Monday, November 07, 2005

An Abbreviated List of Things That Make Me Happy (by request)

In response to my previous entry, the deliciously named "An Abbreviated List of Things That Annoy Me Today", one fellow blogger suggested that I make an "abbreviated list of the things that make you happy". I suppose I must have come off as sorta pessimistic, crass and negative. Well...good.

Still, I didn't think it was a bad idea. Especially for an early Monday morning. You know, a good way to start the week off on a positive note. Because as those who know me best, know I'm all about positivity (I think I heard Donnie Wahlberg say that once when he was still with the New Kids on the Block).

So, without further adieu, here's an abbreviated list of things that make me happy today:

Foam rubber. Icing on a cake. Sleep. Clean underwear. Really good-looking naked people. Bob Segar's moustache. Toaster streudel. Homeless dudes with Teret's Syndrome. "Bottles and cans, and bottles and cans and just clap your hands". Bananas that are 'just right'. My sense of smell. Did I mention really good-looking naked people? A shiny, new quarter. Co-workers who insistently call me by the wrong name. People in libraries who read newspapers attached to a big stick. Barbershops. Leaf blowers. The word 'kamikaze'. Fence posts. Coupons. Hot soup. Sneezing. Tongue kissing. Three-legged dogs. Bacon bits. Cracked magazine. Punch-drunk boxers. Grape juice. Neologisms. Fennel seeds. Sly Foxx's "Let's Go All The Way", summer solstice, corporate bankruptcy, hot dog relish, proof, paper crowns from Burger King, irony, weiner roasts, Q-tips, graham cracker crumbs, Mr. Clean's bald head, breaking news, 98%, lava lamps, linoleum and rainbows.